The Arcata Family Resource Center (FRC) is located on the Arcata Elementary School campus. The FRC serves the school community and the Arcata community. The FRC phone number is (707) 826-1002. The FRC closes each summer, and reopens when school starts.
Resources and Referral
- We have an extensive list of agencies and services in Humboldt County and are available to assist families in obtaining services and supports.
- The FRC helps provide families with holiday meals and toys during the fall and winter holiday seasons.
- Home Visits: Our School Social Worker can visit families in their homes if they would like assistance.
- Mental Health: We can make referrals for students and families for mental health evaluations and services.
- Emergency Food: We have emergency food for all students and families of the Arcata School District.
- Backpack for Kids Program: We serve children and families of Arcata Elementary School with weekly food bags every Friday.
- Cal Fresh Program: We can assist families in signing up for Cal Fresh.
Health and Wellness
- Dental Services: The Open Door Clinic Dental Van was on the AES campus for two months this school year and served 65 students. We hope that they will be back next year.
Medical Services: We can assist families in applying for medical care, and can share information about local medical providers.
Mental Health: We can make referrals for students and families for mental health evaluations and services.
Cal Fresh: We can assist families in signing up for Cal Fresh.
- There are a variety of clothing and shoe options available.